About the SDCC
As the elected body of the Democratic Party for Stamford, CT, the Stamford Democratic City Committee (SDCC) is dedicated to electing Democrats at all levels of government. We play an integral role in recruiting and developing the Democratic leaders of tomorrow, and we’re committed to supporting and promoting Democratic values and ideals.
The SDCC is composed of 40 members, two from each of the 20 city districts. Registered Democrats elect SDCC members to two-year terms. The City Committee meets monthly and meetings are open to all Democrats, though only members may vote. From its membership, the City Committee elects a Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Deputy Treasurer, Secretary and Parliamentarian.
- Click here for a list of SDCC members and officers
- Click here to view the rules governing the SDCC
- Click here for duties of SDCC members & alternates
What Does the SDCC Do?
The SDCC recruits and nominates candidates for city, state and national office, supports election campaigns, and advocates for the Democratic Party platform and good sense in government policy and legislation.
Some of the activities we perform are:
- Promoting the Democratic message
- Recruiting qualified Democrats to run for office or serve on a Board or Commission
- Registering new voters
- Informing Democrats about current issues
- Providing resources and support to endorsed candidates
- Coordinating campaign efforts and get out the vote