Voting by Absentee Ballot
If you need to vote by absentee ballot, please click here to download the absentee ballot application.
For this election, voters do not have the option for no-excuse absentee voting. However, eligible voters can vote by absentee ballot if they meet the criteria of the three newly expanded reasons for voting absentee, as provided in the legislation passed by the General Assembly this year: 1) sickness; 2) physical disability; 3) absence from town on Election Day. Public Act 22-2 eases the restrictions previously written into state law. It removes a requirement that commuters be out of town for all hours in which polls are open. It deletes language requiring a voter to be personally ill in order to qualify for a ballot based on sickness. Please note that unlike in previous elections, COVID-19 will not be listed as a criteria to vote by absentee ballot.
When filling out the Absentee Ballot application for the Primary, make sure to note the following:
- Section I – Fill out your contact information
- Section II – Delivery address if it’s different than your registered address
- Section III – Date of the election: August 9 for the Democratic primary
- Section IV – Reason you are needing an absentee ballot
- Section VI – Sign and date the application
Once complete return it via one of the three options below:
1. Place it in a drop box at the Government Center parking garage (888 Washington Boulevard) or the Harry Bennett Library next to the outdoor book drop (115 Vine Road). Boxes will be open beginning July 12.
2. Bring your application to the Town Clerk’s office Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm or Saturday August 6, 9:00 am to 12 noon and fill out a ballot and vote.
3. Mail your completed and signed application to:
Town Clerk – AB Application
PO Box 891
Stamford, CT 06904-0891
Once the Town Clerk receives your application, you will be sent an absentee ballot. As soon as it arrives, fill out your ballot and please vote for the endorsed Democrats on Row A. Place your ballot in the inner envelope, sign the inner envelope, place the inner envelope in the outer envelope, and return it via the drop box or mail it back to the Town Clerk’s office. Your absentee ballot MUST BE RECEIVED by the Town Clerk no later than 8:00 pm on Election Day, August 9.
Voting in Person
Polls will be open from 6 am – 8 pm on Tuesday, August 9. State polling locations are listed below. If you need a ride to the polls, please call 203-914-1144 or email email@example.com.
Due to state re-districting in 2022, your polling location may have changed.
To check your state polling location, click here.
- District 1 – Our Lady Star of the Sea (1170 Shippan Avenue)
- District 2 – Domus (15 Frank Street Entrance)
- District 3 – K.T. Murphy School (38 George Street Entrance)
- District 4 – Strawberry Hill School (193 Fifth Street Entrance)
- District 5 – Stamford High School (84 Hillandale Avenue Entrance)
- District 6 – St. Bridget (278 Strawberry Hill Avenue)
- District 7 – Agudath Sholom (301 Strawberry Hill Avenue) Temporary location just for this primary
- District 8 – South End Community Center (34 Woodland Avenue)
- District 9 – Salvation Army C.C. (198 Selleck Street)
- District 10 – Westover School (412 Stillwater Avenue)
- District 11 – Cloonan Middle School (11 Powell Place Entrance)
- District 12 – Stillmeadow School (800 Stillwater Road)
- District 13 – Rippowam Middle School (381 High Ridge Road)
- District 14 – Dolan Middle School (51 Toms Road)
- District 15 – Springdale School (1227 Hope Street, Rear Gym Entrance)
- District 16 – Turn of River Middle School (117 Vine Road)
- District 17 – Roxbury School (751 West Hill Road)
- District 18 – Turn of River Middle School (117 Vine Road)
- District 19 – Davenport Ridge School (1300 Newfield Avenue)
- District 20 – Northeast School (82 Scofieldtown Road)
- District 21 – Scofield Middle School (641 Scofieldtown Road)
- District 22 – Long Ridge Fire House (366 Old Ridge Road)
- District 23 – St. Bridget (278 Strawberry Hill Avenue)
- District 24 – Scofield Middle School (641 Scofieldtown Road)
If you have any questions, you can contact Stamford Democrats at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203)-914-1144.