Voting by Absentee Ballot
For this election, eligible voters can vote by absentee ballot if they meet the criteria of the three newly expanded reasons for voting absentee, as provided in the legislation passed by the General Assembly in 2022: 1) sickness; 2) physical disability; 3) absence from town on Election Day. Public Act 22-2 eases the restrictions previously written into state law. It removes a requirement that commuters be out of town for all hours in which polls are open. It deletes language requiring a voter to be personally ill in order to qualify for a ballot based on sickness or disability. See more information from the Secretary of the State here.
If you need to vote by absentee ballot, please click here to download the absentee ballot application or Apply for an Absentee Ballot online (must have a CT driver’s license). You can also contact the Town Clerk’s office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203-977-5280 to request an application. For more detailed information click here.
When filling out the application, make sure to note the following:
- Section I – Fill out your contact information
- Section II – Delivery address if it’s different than your registered address
- Section III – A)Election, B)November 7, 2023
- Section IV – Reason you are needing an absentee ballot
- Section VI – Sign and date the application
Once complete return it via one of the three options below:
1. Place it in a drop box at the Government Center parking garage (888 Washington Boulevard) or the Harry Bennett Library next to the outdoor book drop (115 Vine Road). Boxes will open on September 29.
2. Beginning October 6, bring your application to the Town Clerk’s office Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm and fill out a ballot and vote.
(Town Clerk’s office will also be open on Saturday, November 4 from 9:00 am to 12 noon)
3. Mail your completed and signed application to:
Town Clerk – AB Application
PO Box 891
Stamford, CT 06904-0891
Once the Town Clerk receives your application, you will be sent an absentee ballot. As soon as it arrives, fill out your ballot and please vote for the endorsed Democrats on Row A. Place your ballot in the inner envelope, sign the inner envelope, place the inner envelope in the outer envelope, and return it via the drop box or mail it back to the Town Clerk’s office. Your absentee ballot MUST BE RECEIVED by the Town Clerk no later than 8:00 pm on Election Day, November 7.
Track the status of your Absentee Application and Ballot here.
For general voter information and links for registering, etc. click here.
Voting in Person
Polls will be open from 6 am – 8 pm on November 7. Municipal polling locations are listed below. If you need a ride to the polls, please call 203-914-1144 or email email@example.com.
To check your Municipal polling location, click here.
Polling locations open for the November 7 Election are listed below:
- District 1 – Star Center-Old Star of the Sea (1170 Shippan Avenue)
- District 2 – Salvation Army (198 Selleck Street)
- District 3 – South End Community Center (34 Woodland Avenue)
- District 4 – Domus-old Rogers School) (15 Frank Street)
- District 5 – Yerwood Center (90 Fairfield Avenue)
- District 6 – Faith Tabernacle Baptist Church (29 Grove Street)
- District 7 – Julia A. Stark School (38 Oscar Street)
- District 8 – KT Murphy School (38 George Street, Rear)
- District 9 – Westover School (412 Stillwater Avenue)
- District 10 – Cloonan Middle School (11 Powell Place, Side Entrance)
- District 11 – First Presbyterian Church (1101 Bedford Street)
- District 12 – Stamford High School (84 Hillandale Avenue)
- District 13 – Roxbury School (751 Westhill Road)
- District 14 – Stillmeadow School (800 Stillwater )
- District 15 – Dolan Middle School (51 Toms Road)
- District 16 – Turn of River Middle School (117 Vine Road)
- District 17 – Springdale School (1227 Hope Street, Rear Gym Entrance)
- District 18 – Davenport Ridge School (1300 Newfield Avenue)
- District 19 – Long Ridge Fire Department (366 Old Ridge Road)
- District 20 – Scofield Middle School (641 Scofieldtown Road)
Any questions contact Stamford Democrats firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-914-1144.